Friday, February 22, 2013

Romeo update..

As some of you might have read earlier in the week, little Romeo got a big, bad boo-boo. We're not sure how it happened. I'm wondering now if it wasn't during the birth and clean-up time. But we'll never know for sure. Anyways, he had a chunk of flesh and pad missing from the bottom of his front foot. I first tried to medicate and bandage it, but Piper promptly took it off. So I had just been using a wound spray on it several times a day. It would look better, than not. Finally, yesterday I decided to have the vet take a look at it. (Bad mom, should have taken him in sooner!)

She said it did look infected :( and gave him an itty-bitty antibiotic shot. Then said she wanted to splint it to keep it immobile. Since it was on a joint, every time he would bend the foot it would just make it worse. I had my doubts that Piper would leave it only (so far, so good though).

So here he is with his itty-bitty splint.

Poor little tyke. He's having a hard time pushing in between his bigger, stronger littermates to nurse with that thing on, so I'm playing mom and supplementing him.

Back with the pack.
Hoping and praying little Romeo heals up ok and can catch up with everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment