Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cookies!

I don't know about your dogs, but my dogs get treats everyday. At our house, the dogs all know what the word "Cookie" means!

So I go through a lot of cookies and am always looking for some that look halfway "healthy". One day I decided to do some internet perusing and find some recipes to make my own.

Today was the first test recipe that I found on Pinterest. They are called "Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats" and found on http://blog.doggievogue.com.

I decided to try a double batch since I have more than a couple dogs ;) And I did substitute some unrefined white flour and rice flour for some of the wheat flour since I didn't have enough. They still turned out fine.
Here they are ready to go in the oven. And yes, it did take a while to make all those! The recipe says to measure the dough out by teaspoonfuls then flatten with a fork. Doubling the recipe got me over 120 cookies.

They puffed up a bit with baking.

Now to see if the "taste testers" will eat them. This cookie is disappearing!

Number two cookie going in!

The cookie monster looking for crumbs.

Yep!  I think we'll make these again.





No comments:

Post a Comment