Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kong toys

I love #Kong toys! They are durable, come in different shapes and sizes, and you can stuff them!

Here are a couple different ones I have for the puppies.
Today, I'll show you what I do with them. 
First I filled them with puppy food.
Then I sealed off the end (both ends on the red ball) with peanut butter or cheese. *Hint* Don't put to much cheese in there (just enough to "seal' the end) or you may end up with some loose stool:(
Filled with food and sealed shut.
Now we stick them in the freezer until the cheese/peanut butter is frozen. (Shhhh...please don't tell my family there are dog toys in the freezer! *wink)
Now we share with the puppies to keep them occupied!
These are wonderful for crate training. It gives the puppy something to keep them busy instead of worrying about being closed in their crate. And you can actually get the bigger Kongs and put the puppy's whole meal in there. This is especially great if the puppy has to be home alone while you go to work. It will spend a good part of it's morning getting his breakfast out of the Kong.

Of course, they both want the same one!
Now we've got it. One Kong per puppy! Happy mom, happy puppies!






No comments:

Post a Comment